St. Paul's church is a Grade II listed building standing at the top of Church Road near the junction with The Common and Burley Lane, at the top of the village which is located to the north of Derby. The ecclesiastical parish also encompasses part of Allestree, a suburb of Derby, stretching as far as Quarn Drive along Kedleston Road, and taking in the streets around Askerfield Avenue and parts of Birchover Way.
The interior has a light and airy feel due to the painted walls and warm oak panelled chancel area. Over the years various additions have been made, such as upgrades to the heating and lighting, the provision of a WC with disabled facilities, and a high quality sound system, mixing desk and hearing loop.
The building was completed and consecrated in 1874. It therefore requires significant maintenance, with recent major repairs to the spire, exterior stonework and the walls along the public footpath, all of which have been largely funded by donations from the congregation, friends and neighbours. If you would like to help with this work we would welcome donations.